By Jen Cross
#1 New Release in Inclusive Education and LGBT Studies ─ A celebration of the LGBT community
Readers of The ABCs of LGBT by Ashley Mardell and Queer: A Graphic History by Dr. Meg-John Barker will love We Make It Better, a quintessential LGBT book.
LGBT history is as old as history itself. In that time, LGBT people have positively impacted their communities, made advancements for society, and changed the world! We Make It Better profiles all the people, places, and events that show just how awesome and inspiring the LGBT community is.
A stirring look at LGBT history: LGBT people have always played important roles in society. They have served their country, served in office, pushed for the protection of human rights, and have impacted all fields of study, sport, art and industry. We Make It Better offers biographies of some of the most famous thinkers and changers in history from Bayard Rustin, Alan Turing, Dr. Sally Ride, and Oscar Wilde to present day innovators and world changers such as Billie Jean King, Jason Collins, Ellen DeGeneres, Tim Cook, the Wachowski sisters, Sir Ian McKellen and more.
Positivity for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender youth and adults: But, more than a “who’s who” of LGBT history, We Make It Better is also a vibrant chronicle of the events in history where the LGBT community came together to fight for equality and to save lives. Learn how the community came together during the HIV/AIDs crisis, fought for marriage equality, protested discrimination, and pushed for progressive change throughout the years. Places and cultures important to the LGBT community are also proudly profiled. Learn about the events, places, people, and beliefs that are all causes for pride and celebration.
- Discover important LGBT people that have changed the world
- Be moved by the accomplishments of the LGBT community
- Be inspired by a mix of biographies, history and quotes
An inspiring record of LGBT history for everyone!
By AJ Gibson
#1 New Release in LGBT Studies and Biographies & Memoirs ─ Stories to Help You Persevere
Live Through the Hardships: Life is complicated and messy, but every now and then life gives you a syndicated talk show on a major network – and then fires you for being “all icing and no cake.” Then it sends your born-again Christian sister to take you out to lunch on your birthday, only to tell you she suddenly believes you can pray the gay away and that you should’ve used your time on the show do more for Christ. Then, because there’s always another “then,” you receive a tax bill from Uncle Sam that almost sends you out your tenth-floor bathroom window…literally. Luckily, AJ Gibson chose to step back and share his struggles because, well…not today Satan! He knows what it’s like when life feels like a never-ending roller coaster, and in his self-help book Flipping the Script, he doesn’t sugar coat the truth. After all, this isn’t Hollywood, errr…anymore.
Know You’re Not Alone: AJ’s journey from a closeted gay boy from Ohio to that guy people kinda, sorta recognize from TV and Hollywood seems glossy, but the truth is anything but. In Flipping the Script, AJ shows how his life has been a series of personal roadblocks and rock bottom moments. Every time he thinks he’s in the clear, he finds a new way to crash and burn. Let’s just say insecurity was once a pretty close friend of his, so he knows what you feel like whenever you find yourself scrolling social media comparing yourself to others. Luckily, he’s a pretty smart guy and moderately witty, always finding his way out of life’s rock bottom moments – and you can too!
Turn Bad Situations Around: AJ has a gift for shifting his perspective, turning crappy situations around and finding a way to persevere each time the world seems to be telling him he was born to fail. Through all of the mess, all of the hardships, he somehow manages to keep a smile on his face and a roof over his head. He also knows that we all have problems and he’s here to help. The true stories in Flipping the Script will make you laugh, encourage you to keep fighting for happiness and inspire you to turn your own rock bottom moments into your proudest accomplishments!
Feel Empowered: AJ’s “Hollywood” situation may be unique, but his struggles are definitely relatable. After all, you’d be hard-pressed to find a person who has achieved success without problems – especially in the LGBTQ community. As a proud gay man working in the entertainment capital of the world, AJ’s personal and professional stories will leave you feeling empowered and a little less defeated. Flipping the Script will give you the strength to overcome your own personal roadblocks. In his book, AJ shares tips and tricks in the form of “Script Rewrites” at the end of each chapter that will help you persevere and find your true purpose.
Flipping the Script will rip your heart out, make you want to fight somebody, and leave you feeling like you can solve world hunger – all in a single chapter. You will:
- feel deeply connected, knowing you’re not alone in your struggles
- have simple, real world tools to help you bounce back and live the life you were created to live
- see yourself as the wonderful, creative, capable human being that you have always been – but forgot somewhere along the way
By Xanet Pailet
# 1 Best Seller in Sexual Health ─ Heal Your Relationship with Sex
Overcome your discomfort: Living An Orgasmic Life is for those who find sex challenging and are uncomfortable with their sex life. Women who are alienated from their erotic side due to sexual abuse or trauma will find healing balm in these pages. Women who can’t surrender into pleasure, can’t sustain intimacy, or want to reclaim and feel empowered in their sexuality will greatly benefit from this book.
Awaken your sexuality: Challenges with sexuality are common and infrequently discussed. Xanet Pailet explores the reasons that cause women to disconnect from their sexuality including shame, body image issues, sexual abuse and trauma, physical wounding, and fears of intimacy. She provides practical advice and tools to help women awaken to their sexuality in a healthy way and reclaim their libido.
Add sex back into your marriage: According to the National Survey of Sexual Health and Behavior, 20% of married couples are only having sex once a month—a sexless marriage. And, the number of reported sexless marriages has quadrupled in the last 20 years. Living An Orgasmic Life is filled with lessons and practical exercises to take your sex life from non-existent or mediocre to fulfilling.
Author Xanet Pailet notes: “I wrote this book because I am passionate about helping individuals who feel broken reclaim their sexuality and pleasure, and transform their lives. I want women who are struggling with sex to understand that help is available and that they can have healthy, passionate sex lives.” Living An Orgasmic Life can help you rediscover the joy and pleasure of sex.
If you have read Sex Rx, Urban Tantra, Come as You Are, or Womancode, Living An Orgasmic Life is a must read. Learn:
- Why it’s so hard to talk about sex in a world where everything is about sex
- How sexual trauma can occur and how to heal it
- How to reignite your libido
- What you can do to start living an orgasmic life
The true confessions of an eating disorders survivor
This confessional self-help guide explores the complex emotional truth of what it’s like when food, weight, and body image take priority over every other human impulse or action. Activist author Marissa LaRocca's revelatory tale includes her struggle with her secrets, including sexuality, and how she emerged as an outspoken advocate for gay rights and women’s health issues.
Anorexia and bulimia health crisis: Many young women and girls struggle with the body image issues that engender eating disorders with elaborate rituals around food, binging, purging, and hiding it all while trying to maintain a face of normalcy to the world. Anorexia and bulimia have become major national health crises with skyrocketing statistics indicating that between 3 and 5% of the population suffer anorexia nervosa alone. Sadly, many never attain the sense of being “normal” and deal with a lifetime of body image and self-esteem issues.
Coming of age story of a woman battling for self-esteem: This intimate account of courage and the search for truth and meaning will have you rooting for Marissa LaRocca as she unravels the emotional layers of her own battle with food, body image, and sexuality. Readers of this riveting memoir, Starving in Search of Me, will relate to the coming-of-age story of a young woman confronting some of life’s major issues while living, for a time, in two closets: one to hide her eating disorder and one to hide her sexuality and very identity.
What You'll Learn Inside This Book:
- Identify the root causes, symptoms, and triggers associated with an eating disorder
- Acknowledge the "life issues" that are being masked by "food issues" or another addiction
- Disempower compulsive behaviors like binging, purging, and obsessing about calories and exercise
- Heal your relationship with food through healing your relationship with yourself
- Escape the victim role, become empowered, and take responsibility for your own happiness
- Connect with your life’s purpose and authentic self, transforming your weaknesses into strengths
- Free your mind through tuning in to the body and witnessing emotions
- Improve your body image and self-esteem by aligning your lifestyle with your true values, desires, and what is realistic
- Effectively communicate your needs with confidence
- Establish guilt-free lifestyle boundaries to reduce anxiety and maximize vitality
- Enhance peace of mind by developing a reliable support system
- Eliminate the need to be perfect by practicing forgiveness and compassion toward yourself
#1 Best Seller in Trivia & Fun Facts, Questions & Answers, Curiosities & Wonders, and Cults & Demonism ─ Think you know about sexual customs around our world? Have fun and enjoy some surprises!
This book is a humorous glimpse of a wide range of stereotype-busting sexual, relationship and romantic mores around the world. It is fun, interesting, and eye-opening! For example, places where women control the mating game, set marriage rules, and marry one another for political power. The fact that it's all true also makes it fascinating. Take a romp through a rollicking worldwide tour with LOL views of extraordinary sexual customs. It will astound and regale you. At the same time, it proves sex is like happiness – universally sought but subjectively enjoyed.
Dream Big! Do it now!
Strengths and weaknesses: We all have strengths and weaknesses. So, do you want to learn how to get out of your own way and build your strengths and eliminate your weaknesses? Do it now with Get Out of Your Own Way Guide to Life: 10 Tips to Shift Gears, Dream Big, Do it Now!
Dream big: Do you want to be known as a tremendous talent...or a lazy, unfocused slacker? Whether you’re a Millennial yearning to join corporate America, a Boomer ready for reinvention, a closeted LGBTQ+ testing the gender pool or even a nerd nauseated with perfection, the Get Out of Your Own Way Guide to Life: 10 Steps to Shift Gears, Dream Big, Do it Now! by Justin Loeber, is an in-your-face, funny, no-nonsense, socio-business, coming-of-ageless handbook for anyone who is yearning for true, inner-personal success.
Great guide to life: You’ll learn 10 easy steps, such as:
- Work on Your Work Ethic
- Own the Power of Thoughtfulness
- Find Perfection in Imperfection
- Rule Your Plane
- and more
Learn how to get out of your own way: This shebang of a book is based on Loeber’s quirky personal life experiences that all started in the NYC 70s disco era. Justin worked as a waiter, a Wang Word Processing Operator, (remember Wang?), a substitute go-go dancer, was discovered by pop icon Gary Numan in London and was one step from stardom in his own right as a solo pop-recording artist—only to lose it all. Then, in a 180-degree turn—and without a college degree—went from a temp at Random House to an EVP at HarperCollins in a little more than a decade. In 2006 Loeber created mouth: digital + public relations, a boutique agency in NYC—repping over 550 clients to date.
Get Out of Your Own Way Guide to Life will give you the courage to:
- Shake down your fear, which is squelching your dream;
- Find the “it” that makes you “tick”;
- Take a Risk, which in the end, isn’t risky after all; and
- Put down the electronics, look up; and transfer from the passenger to the pilot of your life…NOW!
So, Get out of your own way! Dream big! Do it now!
#1 Amazon New Release! ─ If you are thinking of becoming a gay dad, or if you are already a gay dad ─ this book is for you!
Are you ready to have kids? More and more gay men are turning to adoption and surrogacy to start their own families. An estimated two million American LBGTQ people would like to adopt and an estimated 65,000 adopted children are living with a gay parent. In 2016, The Chicago Tribune reported that 10 to 20 percent of donor eggs went to gay men expanding their families via surrogacy, and in many places the numbers were up 50 percent from the previous five years.
Gay parenting: Having a kid is like coming out all over again, on a daily basis, especially if you have an infant. Was coming out stressful for you? It’s about to get more intense and you will have a child watching your every move and listening to your every word. If you stutter or pause, they may pick up on your discomfort and could start to feel like something is wrong about their family unit. The Ultimate Guide For Gay Dads is jam packed with parenting tips and advice to help you build confidence and become the awesome gay dad you were meant to be!
How Is This Parenting Guide Different From Others? Unlike other parenting books that have whole chapters focusing on things specifically related to mothers (such as how to get the perfect latch when breastfeeding), this parenting book replaces those sections with things relevant to gay dads. It covers topics like how to find LGBT friendly pediatricians, how to find LGBT friendly schools, how to childproof your home with style, how to answer awkward and prying questions about your family from strangers, examples for what two-dad families can do on Mother’s Day, and much more. The book also includes parenting tips and advice from pediatricians, school educators, lawyers, and other same-sex parents.
Top LGBT parenting expert: Bestselling author Eric Rosswood covers every aspect of fatherhood for gay men in this essential guide to growing your family in the post-DOMA era. He is a major influencer on social media with over 100,000 followers on Twitter alone, as well as thousands on other platforms.
Exploring LGBTQ issues: Rosswood is an in-demand authority and commentator on LGBTQ issues, including civil rights, parenting, marriage and politics. The author has been featured in major media including The Washington Post, Cosmopolitan, CBS News, The Huffington Post, Elite Daily, Yahoo! News, AOL News, NY Daily News, IB Times, and regional LGBTQ press.
By Jen Cross
#1 Best Seller in Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and Study Aids ─ A Book That Will Change Your Life
Healing victims of sexual assault through transformative journaling. One in six women is the victim of sexual assault. Using her own hard-won wisdom, author Jen Cross shows how to heal through journaling and personal writing
Rape victims and victims of other sexual abuse. Writing Ourselves Whole is a collection of essays and creative writing encouragements for sexual trauma survivors who want to risk writing a different story. Each short chapter offers encouragement, experience, and exercises.
How to change your life. When you can find language for the stories that are locked inside, you can change your life. Talk therapy can only go so far for the millions of Americans struggling in the aftermath of sexual abuse and sexual assault. Sexual assault survivors can heal themselves. Sexual trauma survivor communities (and their allies) have the capacity to hold and hear one another's stories–we do not have to relegate ourselves solely to the individual isolation of the therapist's office.
What You'll Learn Inside Writing Ourselves Whole:
- How to reconnect with your creative instinct through freewriting
- How freewriting can help you reclaim the parts of yourself and your history
- How "restorying" the old myths about sexual trauma survivors can set you free
If you have read books such as Julia Cameron's The Artist's Way, Natalie Goldberg's Writing Down the Bones, or Louise DeSalvo's Writing as a Way of Healing, your will want to read Writing Ourselves Whole.
Stories of success, happiness and hope from the LGBT community
Stories that comprise the best of LGBT history: Pride and Joy: LGBTQ Artists, Icons and Everyday Heroestells the stories of queer citizens of the world living OUT and proud happy, fulfilling, successful lives. Diverse and global. Famous and unsung. There is a story here for everyone in the LGBT community who has ever questioned their sexual orientation or gender identity, or discovered it.
Discover LGBT community stories that will stir you and reveal:
- why Tony Kushner quit cello and how Colm Toibin found his voice.
- why Emma Donoghue calls her experience a fluke and the best advice Bill T. Jones got was from his mother.
- how being an inaugural poet changed Richard Blanco’s life and how Ugandan activist “LongJones” escaped death threats and gained asylum.
Award-winning writer and longtime LGBTQ activist Kathleen Archambeau tells the untold stories from diverse LGBT community voices around the corner or around the world. Not like the depressing, sinister, shadowy stories of the past, this book highlights queer people living open, happy, fulfilling and successful lives.
Be inspired by LGBT community stories that celebrate the human spirit:
- Be emboldened by the bravery of a Uruguayan author who was rejected by her immediate family even as she began a family of her own.
- Be inspired by the audacity to fight for justice that motivates National Center for Lesbian Rights Executive Director Kate Kendell, a Mormon who grew up in Utah.
- Learn how two couples transcend time and distance to finally be together and how one NBA sports executive summoned the courage to come out.
- Discover the message of love from the first openly lesbian United Methodist Church Bishop.
- Learn the secrets of successful OUT IBM executive based in London and the rewards of Ballroom Basix founder in Harlem.
- See how the Maori philosophy of whānau guided the MP who won marriage rights in New Zealand and how high expectations overcame disability and bullying for an acclaimed mezzo-soprano.
- Know how the Armenian Genocide and family tensions impacted a professional violinist and composer.
Pride & Joy is a window into the LGBTQ community for straight friends, allies, parents and families of this finally emerging marginalized group. There’s hope that, in the words of Dan Savage, “It Gets Better” for:
- the transgender choreographer and dancer who continues to break rules and enlighten audiences to the Dutch singer, songwriter and independent theater producer who breaks down stereotypes.
- the Russian émigré award-winning computer scientist to the Chinese folk dancer.
- the founder of an award-winning smoking cessation program to the California Political Director of the Obama re-election campaign.
- and, for Entrepreneurs and gay dads, ballroom dancers and Hungarian activists on neo-Nazi “hit lists.”
#1 New Release on Amazon! ─ Winner of the Sixth Annual Bisexual Book Award for Non-fiction, 2017
Looking for LGBTQ books that offer guidance on providing loving support to your LGBT child?
Parents of LGBT children guide: Unconditional: A Guide to Loving and Supporting Your LGBTQ Child provides parents of a LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or questioning) child with a framework for helping their LGBTQ child navigate through a world that isn’t always welcoming. Author Telaina Eriksen, a professor at Michigan State University and the mother of a gay daughter, explains what she and her husband have learned through experience, including how to:
- Deal with gay children coming out
- Confront bullying of gay children
- Become an advocate for gay children
- Build a support system in a gay family
Gender and sexuality: Eriksen also covers the science on gender and sexuality and how to help a transgender child through the various stages of development. Throughout the book parents and kids who have been there, share their stories. She also directs gay family parents to various resources online to help them.
LGBTQ parents will learn…
- How to help their child navigate locker rooms, sleepovers, proms, etc.
- When to involve the police or school administration when it comes to bullying
- How to advocate for local, state and national policies that protect your child
- Ways to educate well-meaning, but misguided extended family members
- How to help start a Gay-Straight Alliance at your child’s school
- Strategies for keeping your child talking after he or she comes out
- Signs of unhealthy relationships
- When to consider therapy for your child and/or your family
- How to find an LGBTQ-friendly community (including inclusive churches)
#1 Best Seller in Transgender Studies and Bisexuality ─ Are you seeking a deeper understanding of gender identity and sexual identity?
The ABCs of LGBT+ is a #1 Bestselling LGBT book and is essential reading for questioning teens, teachers or parents looking for advice, or anyone who wants to learn how to talk about gender identity and sexual identity. In The ABCs of LGBT+, Ashley Mardell, a beloved blogger and YouTube star, answers many of your questions about:
- lgbt and lgbt+
- gender identity
- sexual identity
- teens in a binary world
- the LGBT family
- and more
Understanding gender identity and sexual identity: The 21st Century has seen very positive movement for LGBT+ rights. In the last few years the overturning of DOMA, the SCOTUS ruling in favor of the Marriage Equality Act, American transgender politicians elected to office, and landmark moments such as Apple becoming the most valuable company in the world under the leadership of an openly gay CEO have advanced LGBT awareness and understanding. In a world full of LGBT questions, Mardell’s The ABC’s of LGBT+ has the answers.
The trusted voice of Ashley Mardell: We are living in a post-binary world where gender fluency and awareness of gender identity and a real understanding of our LGBT family is essential. Ashley Mardell, one of the most trusted voices on YouTube, presents a detailed look at all things LGBT+ in this remarkable book. Along with in-depth definitions, personal anecdotes, helpful infographics, resources, and more; Mardell’s LGBT book is proof it does get better every day in a world where people are empowered by information and understanding. In Mardell’s own words, "This book is also for allies and LGBT+ people simply looking to pack in some extra knowledge… a critical part of acceptance. Learning about new identities broadens our understanding of humanity, heightens our empathy, and allows us different, valuable perspectives.”
By The Associated Press