Building Successful Government
Building A Winning Culture In Government is a revolutionary blueprint for building organizational success in the private sector―and now in government
Government Culture. Our government organizations face political fallout, media scrutiny, reduced funding, and the many challenges involved in motivating large, multi-layered and highly regulated organizations. It’s no surprise that many government organizations report that their employees are less engaged than ever and that leaders feel helpless to change the situation. In many cases, employees and government leaders are caught in a vicious cycle. Performance declines, scrutiny increases, and employee paralysis ensues.
Breaking this cycle and building successful government. Change the mindset from “leaders are a select few in the organization” to “everyone can and should be a leader.” This simple shift is key to building successful government organizations in the 21st century. If every member of the organization is a leader, it enables government organizations to leverage the power of five highly effective and proven FranklinCovey practices that have made private sector organizations successful and are now bringing about positive change in public sector organizations.
The five highly effective practices. Transform your government organization into one that is more responsive to the public interest and provide a more rewarding, less stressful, and overall better life for your employees:
- Practice 1: Lead with purpose and find your organization's mission, mantra, or manifesto.
- Practice 2: Make the 7 Habits of Highly Successful People your organization's operating system.
- Practice 3: Unleash and engage people to do infinitely more than you imagined they could.
- Practice 4: Inspire trust and be the most trusted organization possible.
- Practice 5: Create intense loyalty with all stakeholders.