Put simply, essential oils have aromatic, fragrant molecules that can actually pass right through the blood/brain barrier, having a direct effect on the areas of our brain in charge of controlling feelings of stress and anxiety and even panic and depression.
1. Breath in deeply: Rub 1-2 drops in cupped palms and take a long, deep breath
2. Apply to your skin: Rub 1-2 drops of oil into your temples, wrists or anywhere, for full body relaxation
3. As a quick pick me up: Put a few drops on a handkerchief, cotton pad or on a scarf and inhale as needed. You'll get instant calming support throughout your day.
4. As a shower infusion: Immerse yourself in an essential oil steam by adding a couple of drops in your shower. Remember to plug or cover the drain and inhale deeply.
5. In a diffuser: To get long-lasting benefit, use a diffuser
Help Yourself Cupboard Cures: Mix and Match Herbal Oils
Just one of these marvelous medicinals will change your outlook on the day. Try two and you will have a new outlook on life. Try different twosomes until you have found the best for you:
Marjoram lessens fear, loneliness and grief
Lime is a spirit lifter
Jasmine shifts moods upward
Roman chamomile quells anxiety and soothes moods
Grapefruit inculcates a feeling of happiness
Sandalwood alleviate dark moods and lifts emotions up
Basil is effective against depression, worry, and fatigue
Clary sage helps with insomnia, apprehension and bad dreams–
Frankincense helps calm breathing and nerves
Peppermint reduces stress and tension
Geranium is a natural sedative and releases release negativity, stress, and depression
Neroli is invigorating and anger, panic, irritation, or fear
Original post found here.