While reaching FI and building wealth could be a challenge for anyone, there may be certain factors that create different challenges for women on their journey than men. This week’s guest, Brynne Conroy, is the creator of the twice-nominated Best Women’s Finance Blog, Femme Frugality and she is a huge proponent of overcoming the obstacles that women face while trying to reach their financial goals.
In her brand new book, The Feminist Financial Handbook, Brynne presents a feminist view on finances relevant to a post-Recession economy that caters to women at any point on their financial journey.
Also, check out how you can win a copy of Brynne’s book, The Feminist Financial Handbook here
In this episode we discuss:
- Brynne’s passion for the feminist side of finances
- The factors make women reaching FI different from men reaching FI
- How society’s standards and expectation “hurt” women on this journey
- The different judgments and factors in being the modern day woman that has it all
- The concept of money not being the end goal or what really makes you happy
- How one can find their contentment level or peak money happiness and why it’s so important to find
- How to find meaningful work now while on the journey to getting it together and reaching our goals
- The importance of men hearing the feminist financial message
- Overall tips for women who are on this path of Financial Freedom to succeed