To celebrate the release of my new book—So This Is the End: A Love Story—I have a very cool assignment for you.
This assignment is a quick one. Just a couple minutes. You don’t need any special skills to do it. And if you complete this assignment within the next week (by October 22, 2018) you’ll be eligible to win some pretty wonderful prizes—including a trip to Hawaii. For real.
Around 13,000 people receive my email newsletter and about 12,000 people visit my website each week. About 7,000 of those people will probably read this assignment and consider doing it. About 50 to 100 people will actually do it, most likely, based on what I’ve seen in the past. So, your odds of winning a prize are pretty darn good. Why not go for it?
Spend a few minutes thinking about this question…
“If you had just 24 hours to live, what would you do with your time?”
1. Make a list. Write down some things you’d want to do. It can be a simple bullet-point list with three items, or an elaborate list with a hundred things and detailed explanations and illustrations, or anything you want. Just make a list of what you’d want to do if it was your final day on earth.
2. Post your list somewhere in the world—online, offline, or both. For instance, post a photo of your handwritten list on Instagram. Post a screenshot on Facebook. Post your list on your blog. Put your list into an email newsletter. Pin your list to a bulletin board inside your local coffee shop. Paint your list as a mural on the side of your house. Just post your list somewhere in the world where other people can see it. Anywhere you want.
3. Wherever you decide to post your list, please include this hashtag: #MyFinal24
4. Wherever you post your list, please mention my new book, which is called So This Is the End: A Love Story.
5. Wherever you post your list, please include a link so that people can order the book if they want. Here’s a short-link you can use: http://bit.ly/so-this-is-
7. Last but not least, please send your list to me, too. Take a photo, a screenshot, or send a link to: email@example.com
For instance, you could go online and post something like this:
I recently learned about a new book called So This Is the End: A Love Story by Alexandra Franzen. The central question of the book is: “If you had just 24 hours to live, what would you do with your time?” I love this question! I made a list of some of the things I would definitely do with #MyFinal24 hours.
Here’s my list:
[Photo of your list goes here]
PS. What would be on your list?
PPS. If you’re looking for a new book to read, you can order So This Is the End here: http://bit.ly/so-
If you complete this assignment in the next seven days—by October 22, 2018—you’ll be eligible to win some cool prizes, including chocolate, coffee beans, candles, crystals, books, and more.
If at least 100 people complete this assignment, then the prizes get even bigger and better!
If 100 people complete this assignment, then 1 lucky person will win a free ticket to one of my 2019 retreats in Hawaii (attending normally costs $4,800) plus $500 to help cover the cost of your flight. Depending on where you’re flying from, that might be enough to cover your entire round-trip ticket.
Winners will be announced in November.
TO SUM IT UP
To sum this up…
* Think about what you’d want to do if it was your last day on earth.
* Make a list of what you’d do.
* Post your list somewhere. Online, offline, or both.
* Include some links and stuff to help support my new book. (Thank you!)
* Enjoy the experience.
* Spark conversation amongst your family and friends.
* This will be fascinating, emotional, and inspiring.
* And… on top of all that, you might win a prize, too.
Have fun with this assignment.
I can’t wait to see your beautiful list…
PPS. You’re awesome. Thanks for doing weird challenges and completing tiny projects and making art with me. The end.