At the dawn of religion, God was a Woman. The Divine Feminine is known by innumerable names and symbol-rich manifestations across the world's cultures. Throughout the ages the Goddess has been honored and worshiped as the Virgin Mary, Isis, Inanna, Asherah, Diana, Kuan Yin, Kali, Oshun, Athena, Pele, Sarasvati, Demeter, and White Buffalo Calf Woman, to mention just a few. Many conceptions of the Goddess are mysterious and seemingly paradoxical. Yet at its source, the Divine Feminine is one. I Am (With) Her takes you on a fascinating and, at times, surprising journey into the enduring essence of the Divine Feminine.
In the Goddess of Power you will learn:
- How the Goddess path offers an empowering message and inspiration
- The importance of re-establishing a healthy balance and integration of both the "masculine" and the "feminine" archetypes
- That the notion of God as archetypal "Sky-Father" is fairly recent in Western culture
- Why the wisdom of the Goddess/Sacred Feminine has been ignored, distorted, and oppressed for centuries
- How archetypes, mythic narratives, and qualities of Goddesses are alive within you and how they reveal intimate truths about yourself and others
- How Goddesses can serve as empowering guides in your personal and professional life
- Why especially black Goddesses/dark-skinned Mothers (e.g., Kali or Black Madonna) are a powerful symbol and catalyst for change in our times, both individually and collectively
And much, much more!
Isabella Price, MA, is an international speaker, author, and higher education professional at JFK University where she teaches World Spirituality courses. Isabella is the author of the leading-edge book series One Truth, Many Paths on the world's wisdom traditions, which includes her book I Am With Her on the Sacred Feminine. For over 25 years, she has been successfully teaching classes and workshops at JFK University, the California College of the Arts, and numerous other educational institutions and religious venues. She has traveled extensively and participated in numerous rituals from diverse wisdom traditions. She lives in the San Francisco Bay Area.