#1 New Release in Inclusive Education and LGBT Studies ─ A celebration of the LGBT community
Readers of The ABCs of LGBT by Ashley Mardell and Queer: A Graphic History by Dr. Meg-John Barker will love We Make It Better, a quintessential LGBT book.
LGBT history is as old as history itself. In that time, LGBT people have positively impacted their communities, made advancements for society, and changed the world! We Make It Better profiles all the people, places, and events that show just how awesome and inspiring the LGBT community is.
A stirring look at LGBT history: LGBT people have always played important roles in society. They have served their country, served in office, pushed for the protection of human rights, and have impacted all fields of study, sport, art and industry. We Make It Better offers biographies of some of the most famous thinkers and changers in history from Bayard Rustin, Alan Turing, Dr. Sally Ride, and Oscar Wilde to present day innovators and world changers such as Billie Jean King, Jason Collins, Ellen DeGeneres, Tim Cook, the Wachowski sisters, Sir Ian McKellen and more.
Positivity for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender youth and adults: But, more than a “who’s who” of LGBT history, We Make It Better is also a vibrant chronicle of the events in history where the LGBT community came together to fight for equality and to save lives. Learn how the community came together during the HIV/AIDs crisis, fought for marriage equality, protested discrimination, and pushed for progressive change throughout the years. Places and cultures important to the LGBT community are also proudly profiled. Learn about the events, places, people, and beliefs that are all causes for pride and celebration.
- Discover important LGBT people that have changed the world
- Be moved by the accomplishments of the LGBT community
- Be inspired by a mix of biographies, history and quotes
An inspiring record of LGBT history for everyone!
#1 New Release in Women in Art, Movie Directors, and Feminist Theory ─ Inspiring biographies of women who make movies
With the success of Patty Jenkins’s Wonder Woman and the rise of the MeToo movement, women creators in film are more important than ever.
Movies with a female perspective: You may have heard the term “male gaze,” coined in the 1970s to talk about what happens to viewers when the majority of art and entertainment has been made by the one gender perspective. So, what about the opposite? Women have been making movies since the very beginning of cinema. What does the world look like through the “female gaze”?
Movies made by women: The Female Gaze comprises of a list detailing the essential movies from the past and present made by women. It delves into what the female perspective gives to each of the films.
A collection of fascinating biographies: Discover brilliantly talented and accomplished women filmmakers, both world renowned and obscure, who have shaped the film industry in ways rarely fully acknowledged. Learn about the hidden figures of filmmaking and about the acclaimed luminaries of the past and present.
Readers will learn:
- The accomplishments of numerous women in film such as Dorothy Arzner, Ida Lupino, Kathryn Bigelow, Lady Bird’s Greta Gerwig and more
- The lives of these women and the struggles they faced carving a place for themselves in the film industry
- How these women’s unique voices shaped the films they made and influenced all the film world
An essential movie list by women: The Female Gaze contains multiple mini-essays written by a variety of diverse female film critics, about a woman or a movie made by women that they love.
A guidebook for movie lovers who want to support women in film!
By Anna O'Brien
#1 New Release in Motivational, Happiness, and Self-Help — A Modern Guide to Positive Thinking
Learn the importance of expression: A Life Full of Glitter will show you how much creativity, physical activity and social interactions affect your day to day life. Learn how to maximize these expressive activities to release pent up emotions and frustration in order to have a fresh view of the world each and every day.
Re-frame your thinking: Bullying, loss, regret and fear impact our lives in tough-to-deal-with ways. Learn how to confront these and other challenges like the world’s happiest people do—as opportunities. Armed with humor and a good attitude, author Anna O’Brien will teach you how to combat the negativity of life in this motivational self-help guide.
Move on from unresolvable issues: It can be difficult to process and move on from unresolvable issues that are holding us back from our most positive lives. A Life Full of Glitter introduces the concept of “long-game” thinking, which will help you re-frame temporary setbacks and focus on long-term happiness. Discover easy-to-use tips and tricks to increase your positivity and personal growth.
Improve your relationships, opportunities and overall well-being: Modern research shows that positivity improves almost every aspect of your life. A Life Full of Glitter will walk you through the findings of this research with real life examples and humorous teachable moments from author Anna O’Brien’s own life. Allow Anna’s book to help you increase your happiness and self-esteem.
A Life Full of Glitter is a modern guide to positive thinking presented through relevant research, captivating storytelling, and plenty of humor. In reading this book, you will:
- Learn quick tips and tricks for shifting your mind to think positively
- Be introduced to new ways to address every day challenges
- Master how to move on from feelings and experiences that are holding you back from happiness
By Xanet Pailet
# 1 Best Seller in Sexual Health ─ Heal Your Relationship with Sex
Overcome your discomfort: Living An Orgasmic Life is for those who find sex challenging and are uncomfortable with their sex life. Women who are alienated from their erotic side due to sexual abuse or trauma will find healing balm in these pages. Women who can’t surrender into pleasure, can’t sustain intimacy, or want to reclaim and feel empowered in their sexuality will greatly benefit from this book.
Awaken your sexuality: Challenges with sexuality are common and infrequently discussed. Xanet Pailet explores the reasons that cause women to disconnect from their sexuality including shame, body image issues, sexual abuse and trauma, physical wounding, and fears of intimacy. She provides practical advice and tools to help women awaken to their sexuality in a healthy way and reclaim their libido.
Add sex back into your marriage: According to the National Survey of Sexual Health and Behavior, 20% of married couples are only having sex once a month—a sexless marriage. And, the number of reported sexless marriages has quadrupled in the last 20 years. Living An Orgasmic Life is filled with lessons and practical exercises to take your sex life from non-existent or mediocre to fulfilling.
Author Xanet Pailet notes: “I wrote this book because I am passionate about helping individuals who feel broken reclaim their sexuality and pleasure, and transform their lives. I want women who are struggling with sex to understand that help is available and that they can have healthy, passionate sex lives.” Living An Orgasmic Life can help you rediscover the joy and pleasure of sex.
If you have read Sex Rx, Urban Tantra, Come as You Are, or Womancode, Living An Orgasmic Life is a must read. Learn:
- Why it’s so hard to talk about sex in a world where everything is about sex
- How sexual trauma can occur and how to heal it
- How to reignite your libido
- What you can do to start living an orgasmic life
#1 New Release in Art of Comics and Manga, Essays, and Women in Art ─ Cartoons About Feminism, Relationships, Self-Love and Adulthood by Planet Prudence
Planet Prudence book of comics: Popular online illustrator and Instagram sensation Prudence "Planet Prudence" Geerts presents her take on the struggles of adulting and finding your own voice.
Funny Planet Prudence comics: Bad at Adulting, Good at Feminism is the debut collection from Prudence Geerts. Never before seen comic strips bundled with all the best Planet Prudence comics. This book will make you laugh at the awkward moments we all go through as we learn to be functioning adults in society and, hopefully, learn to make the world a better place.
Graphic novel of humor, feminism, and relationships: We all think: “Am I the only one who acts like this? Am I the only one who goes through this moment in life?” Bad at Adulting, Good at Feminism shows you that you’re not. It laughs with you at the struggles you’re going through as women fight for equal pay, respect and realistic role models. Filled with love, laughter and food Bad at Adulting, Good at Feminism helps us realize that we’re all not so different after all.
Readers will find:
- Comic strips about the hilarious reality of work, relationships, dating, exercise, and beauty
- Inspirational illustrations about being confident and loving yourself
If you liked We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay, Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham, or Herding Cats: A Sarah's Scribbles Collection by Sarah Andersen, you'll love Planet Prudence's Bad at Adulting, Good at Feminism
# 1 Best Seller in Addiction & Recovery, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) ─ Badass Women Advice
Everything you need to know about love, life, relationships, sex, men, and being a badass.
Advice from girl bosses of all kinds: Women are, far and away, the Oral Sex. Women’s Studies scholar Becca Anderson has gathered the wisdom from a chorus of fabulous femmes for this one-of-a-kind advice book. From housewives to Hollywood starlets, from standup comedians to startup entrepreneurs, these badass women offer unvarnished and unabashed opinions and share their frank and forthright thinking on the wild world of relationships.
A sassy collection of woman wisdom: This delightfully dishy gathering of gal pals is like having a heart-to-heart with 200 of your closest friends. Garrulous girls and loquacious ladies from every walk of life unleash their wicked wit in this humorous and enlightening compilation and tell it like it is. Topics include What the World Needs Now, Love Hurts, Lost Love, and Are Men Really Necessary.
Learn and laugh at the real stories of the amazing women you love: true tales about wild women of yore that entertain as much as they enlighten. From Anais Nin, Lily Tomlin, Amy Bloom, Dorothy Allison, Drew Barrymore, Chrissy Teigan and beyond, there's no shortage of sass, sarcasm, or sizzle and a few shocks along the way!
In Badass Women Give the Best Advice, readers will find:
- Wisdom about sex, dating, break ups, weddings, the prerequisites for the perfect kiss, and more!
- Quotes and true stories from famous women and girl bosses.
- Quizzes, love and sex bucket lists and topics like “Size Really Does Matter,” and “Cry Me a River, The Weepiest Romantic Movies Ever” that will spice up your sex and love life.
Be enlightened with these no nonsense takes on dating, love life, sex, self-love, and more!
#1 Amazon New Release ─ Transform Your Relationship With Your Mother
If you liked Melody Beattie's Codependent No More or Henry Cloud's Boundaries, you'll love Difficult Mothers, Adult Daughters
Difficult mother? The best news on the planet is that your mother doesn't have to change in order for you to be happy. In fact, author Karen C.L. Anderson will take it a step further and say, your difficult mother doesn't have to change in order for you to be free, peaceful, content, and joyful.
Narcissistic mother? You can emotionally separate without guilt. Inspired by her own journey, Anderson's Difficult Mothers, Adult Daughters shows women how to emotionally separate from their difficult mothers without guilt and anxiety, so they can finally create a life based on their own values, desires, needs, and preferences.
Learn through the experiences of others: The book is filled with personal stories and experiences, practical tools, and journal prompts that can be used now to feel better. Anderson compassionately leads women struggling in their relationships with their difficult mothers through a process of self-awareness and understanding. Karen's experience with hundreds of women has resulted in cases of profound growth and transformation.
Funny and compassionate: This book is about Karen discovering and accepting the whole of who she is (separate from her mother), and making her discoveries accessible to women struggling to redefine their challenging relationships with their mothers. Her writing is relatable, real, funny, and compassionate.
What you'll learn inside this book:
- Why mothers and daughters can have difficult relationships
- How to heal and transform your mother "wounds"
- How to tell your stories in a way that empowers
- How to handle the uncomfortable emotions that seem inevitable
- The art of creating, articulating, and maintaining impeccable boundaries
- How to stop "shouldering"
- How to "re-mother" yourself and acknowledge, honor, and meet your needs
The true confessions of an eating disorders survivor
This confessional self-help guide explores the complex emotional truth of what it’s like when food, weight, and body image take priority over every other human impulse or action. Activist author Marissa LaRocca's revelatory tale includes her struggle with her secrets, including sexuality, and how she emerged as an outspoken advocate for gay rights and women’s health issues.
Anorexia and bulimia health crisis: Many young women and girls struggle with the body image issues that engender eating disorders with elaborate rituals around food, binging, purging, and hiding it all while trying to maintain a face of normalcy to the world. Anorexia and bulimia have become major national health crises with skyrocketing statistics indicating that between 3 and 5% of the population suffer anorexia nervosa alone. Sadly, many never attain the sense of being “normal” and deal with a lifetime of body image and self-esteem issues.
Coming of age story of a woman battling for self-esteem: This intimate account of courage and the search for truth and meaning will have you rooting for Marissa LaRocca as she unravels the emotional layers of her own battle with food, body image, and sexuality. Readers of this riveting memoir, Starving in Search of Me, will relate to the coming-of-age story of a young woman confronting some of life’s major issues while living, for a time, in two closets: one to hide her eating disorder and one to hide her sexuality and very identity.
What You'll Learn Inside This Book:
- Identify the root causes, symptoms, and triggers associated with an eating disorder
- Acknowledge the "life issues" that are being masked by "food issues" or another addiction
- Disempower compulsive behaviors like binging, purging, and obsessing about calories and exercise
- Heal your relationship with food through healing your relationship with yourself
- Escape the victim role, become empowered, and take responsibility for your own happiness
- Connect with your life’s purpose and authentic self, transforming your weaknesses into strengths
- Free your mind through tuning in to the body and witnessing emotions
- Improve your body image and self-esteem by aligning your lifestyle with your true values, desires, and what is realistic
- Effectively communicate your needs with confidence
- Establish guilt-free lifestyle boundaries to reduce anxiety and maximize vitality
- Enhance peace of mind by developing a reliable support system
- Eliminate the need to be perfect by practicing forgiveness and compassion toward yourself
#1 Best Seller in Trivia & Fun Facts, Questions & Answers, Curiosities & Wonders, and Cults & Demonism ─ Think you know about sexual customs around our world? Have fun and enjoy some surprises!
This book is a humorous glimpse of a wide range of stereotype-busting sexual, relationship and romantic mores around the world. It is fun, interesting, and eye-opening! For example, places where women control the mating game, set marriage rules, and marry one another for political power. The fact that it's all true also makes it fascinating. Take a romp through a rollicking worldwide tour with LOL views of extraordinary sexual customs. It will astound and regale you. At the same time, it proves sex is like happiness – universally sought but subjectively enjoyed.
#1 New Release in New Age & Spirituality, Gaia ─ Feminine Empowerment
Path of the Goddess: At the dawn of religion, God was a Woman. The Divine Feminine is known by innumerable names and symbol-rich manifestations across the world's cultures. Throughout the ages the Goddess has been honored and worshiped as the Virgin Mary, Isis, Inanna, Asherah, Diana, Kuan Yin, Kali, Oshun, Athena, Pele, Sarasvati, Demeter, and White Buffalo Calf Woman, to mention just a few. Many conceptions of the Goddess are mysterious and seemingly paradoxical. Yet at its source, the Divine Feminine is one. Goddess Power takes you on a fascinating and, at times, surprising journey into the enduring essence of the Divine Feminine.
Inside this book you will learn:
- How the Goddess path offers an empowering message and inspiration
- The importance of re-establishing a healthy balance and integration of both the "masculine" and the "feminine" archetypes
- That the notion of God as archetypal "Sky-Father" is fairly recent in Western culture
- Why the wisdom of the Goddess/Sacred Feminine has been ignored, distorted, and oppressed for centuries
- How archetypes, mythic narratives, and qualities of Goddesses are alive within you and how they reveal intimate truths about yourself and others
- How Goddesses can serve as empowering guides in your personal and professional life
- Why especially black Goddesses/dark-skinned Mothers (e.g., Kali or Black Madonna) are a powerful symbol and catalyst for change in our times, both individually and collectively
- And much, much more!
By Mark Arnold
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, the book that changed the world
Monster: Publishing to coincide with the 200th anniversary of the publication of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein and a movie starring Elle Fanning as Mary Shelley, Monster is a brilliant fictionalized biography akin to The Other Boleyn Girl.
Frankenstein: Two centuries ago this year, the young woman who invented science fiction was only 20 when she wrote the book that became Frankenstein. Mary Shelley said, “People ask how I, then a young girl, could think of, and dilate upon, so hideous subject?”
Gothic Romance: Her father gave her a far better education than any woman of the age could hope for and made her the victim of ongoing incest. At 15, she became involved with one of the greatest poets in England and made love to him on her mother’s grave. When she was 16, she escaped from home by running away for a six week walking tour of Europe and formed a ménage a trois with Shelley and her sister.
Mary Shelley - Frankenstein: Her immediate influences were two of the greatest poets of the age. Her lover, Percy Shelley, coached her to expand her understanding of writing. Her mentor, Lord Byron, challenged her to prove she was as good a writer as the best poet-philosophers of the Enlightenment. Both men admired her mind, and both wanted more. By the time she was 20, she published the book that changed the world.
By Jen Cross
#1 New Release on Amazon! — Who are the great women leaders in history? Who are the women heroes who personify "girl power"?
Intrepid women heroes: When Nelson Mandela was imprisoned in South Africa’s brutal Robben Prison, he tirelessly turned to the poem Invictus. The inspirational verse by the Victorian William Ernest Henley, penned on the occasion of the amputation of his leg. Still I Rise takes its title from a work by Maya Angelou and it resonates with the same spirit of an unconquerable soul, a woman who is captain of her fate. Just as Invictus brought solace to generations so does the contemporary classic. Still I Rise embodies the strength of character of the inspiring women profiled. Each chapter will outline the fall and rise of great women heroes who smashed all obstacles, rather than let all obstacles smash them. The book offers hope to those undergoing their own Sisyphean struggles. Intrepid women heroes are the antithesis of the traditional damsels in distress; rather than waiting for the prince, they took salvation into their own hands.
Celebrate girl power! Women leaders in history celebrated in this book include:
- Madame C. J. Walker - first female American millionaire
- Aung San Suu Kyi - Burma’s first lady of freedom
- Betty Shabazz - civil rights activist
- Nellie Sachs - Holocaust survivor and Nobel Prize recipient
- Selma Lagerlof - first woman Nobel Laureate
- Fannie Lou Hamer - American voting rights activist
- Bessie Coleman - first African-American female pilot
- Wilma Rudolph - first woman to win three gold medals
- Sonia Sotomayor - first Hispanic Supreme Court justice
- Wangari Maathai - Nobel Prize winner
- Winnifred Mandela - freedom fighter
- Lois Wilson - founder of Al-Anon
- Roxanne Quimby - co-founder of Burt’s Bees