Looking for LGBTQ books that offer guidance on providing loving support to gay children?
Gay children guidance ─ Unconditional: A Guide to Loving and Supporting Your LGBTQ Child" provides parents of a LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or questioning) child with a framework for helping their LGBTQ child navigate through a world that isn’t always welcoming. Author Telaina Eriksen, a professor at Michigan State University and the mother of a gay daughter, explains what she and her husband have learned through experience, including how to:
• deal with gay children coming out
• confront bullying of gay children
• become an advocate for gay children
• and, build a support system in a gay family
Gender and sexuality ─ Eriksen also covers the science on gender and sexuality and how to help a transgender child through the various stages of development. Throughout the book parents and kids who have been there, share their stories. She also directs gay family parents to various resources online to help them.
LGBTQ parents will learn…
• How to help their child navigate locker rooms, sleepovers, proms, etc.
• When to involve the police or school administration when it comes to bullying
• How to advocate for local, state and national policies that protect your child
• Ways to educate well-meaning, but misguided extended family members
• How to help start a Gay-Straight Alliance at your child’s school
• Strategies for keeping your child talking after he or she comes out
• Signs of unhealthy relationships
• When to consider therapy for your child and/or your family
• How to find an LGBTQ-friendly community (including inclusive churches)
Parenting is hard. Your newborn is up all night and sleeps all day, it keeps vomiting all over their adorable onesie and it only wants to eat while Game of Thrones is on. What do you do when you have a new problem to solve every day? Baby Hacks Handbook has simple, innovative solutions for all your basic baby dilemmas. If it’s pregnancy, adoption or infant jitters you have, this book will help you out. With helpful statistics, infographics, and the latest research on all things "baby," it's the comprehensive guide to becoming the best parent ever.