Tired of bickering with your partner about chores and money, scheduling, the kids, the house? Tired of the draining disagreements, the silent treatment, the passive-aggressive comments, the arguments that loop and loop and never seem to get resolved? Want to bring more peace into your relationship—and also get back that “spark” that’s been missing?
Reading this book will help you...
- Look at your relationship challenges from a fresh perspective, get unstuck, and see options you hadn't considered before.
- Learn that it's possible to coexist happily with your partner, even if you have very different preferences and views about the world.
- Learn techniques to settle your nervous system (stop the "panic/fight or flight" instinct) during tense moments with your partner, so that you can think clearly and find solutions together.
- Break the frustrating cycle of conflict > apologizing (or caving in) > making up > brief period of calm > then, exact same conflict again.
- Learn how to take a conflict about something big (money, parenting, sex) or small (laundry, dishes, dinner plans) and shift from the conversation from "stressful" to "inspiring and exciting."
- Create more intimacy and passion with your partner and build a relationship where both of you feel vibrant and alive.
Readers who love books like Mating in Captivity (Esther Perel) and The Five Love Languages (Gary Chapman) will enjoy this book about how to create a long-term relationship that’s full of excitement, not friction.