Life Beyond Pain
Readers of books like Mind Over Mood, Pain Free, and 7 Steps to a Pain-Free Life will find answers, companionship and more in Taming Chronic Pain.
A Well-Rounded Approach: Living with pain offers more than just physical challenges. For those of us navigating the treacherous waters between self-care and normal daily life, there are an overwhelming number of obstacles to overcome. Taming Chronic Pain takes a brutally honest—and at times humorous—look at the major issues associated with long-term pain management, offering practical advice, insight, exercises and discussion of everything from basic scientific knowledge to the psychological effects of chronic pain.
Unique Insight: Author and scientist Amy Orr offers this no-holds-barred, well-rounded and relatable discussion of everything you’re struggling to face and everything you haven't thought of yet. Taming Chronic Pain clarifies with easy to understand diagrams and cartoons.
Written by a Fellow Pain Sufferer: While dealing with her own chronic pain, Amy has done years of extensive research on every aspect of long-term physical suffering. Her scientific skills and personal experience have given her the expertise to provide this somewhat tongue-in-cheek, knowing glimpse into the many areas of living with chronic pain that no one but a fellow sufferer would recognize.
Taming Chronic Pain is a must-have for any chronic pain sufferer. Readers will discover:
- Tools to help you live your life with chronic pain, whether that be back, neck, or shoulder pain; arthritis; migraines; nerve pain; or something else entirely
- A helpful approach to pain management that takes medicine, meditation, and psychology into account
- Lifestyle suggestions to lessen the effects of pain
- Tips and tricks for managing relationships while managing pain, and advice for caregivers
- Advice and comfort from someone who understands life's struggles when you’re rarely feeling well