American Prep is a comprehensive guide to U.S. boarding schools
• What is boarding school really like?
• What are my chances of getting into U.S. boarding schools?
• How do I evaluate private school vs. public school? What is boarding school really like?
U.S. boarding schools offer a superb preparation for college bound students, but they are not for everyone. American Prep is the only comprehensive guide for parents and students interested in investigating, applying to, and succeeding at these great schools. Meticulously researched and thoughtfully written, American Prep is an essential guide through the world of U.S. boarding schools – their history and culture, their resources and support systems, their opportunities and challenges – and the only book that leads you through the entire prep school experience.
You will learn:
• Why boarding schools are increasingly valuable in the 21st century
• The pros and cons of private school vs public school
• How to select a school that is right for your student and your family
• How to navigate the admission process – detailed insider advice
• The emotional challenges of prep school for students and families – what to expect and when
• How to secure generous financial aid for prep school
• Student success on campus – getting in is only the first step.
An insider's perspective on U.S. boarding schools, Award winning writer/critic Ronald Mangravite has multiple perspectives on the American prep school world. An alumnus of the Lawrenceville School, he is a current prep school parent, an alumni class officer, and an admissions volunteer. His extensive teaching experience includes universities and private schools, with service on admissions and curricula committees. He holds degrees from the University of California, Berkeley and UCLA.