Spark Your Creativity with Calligraphy
Lettering artist Phawnda Moore has been teaching calligraphy and design for 25 years. An award-winning author, she steps into beginning students’ shoes to select content, address anticipated questions, and offer solutions to the unexpected yet inevitable problems that are encountered in hand lettering.
“Lettering from A to Z . . .” stands out from the crowd! It was written for all levels of experience and nourishes creative thinking through mindful practice. Blending traditional design principles and modern tools, it will inspire you to find your own style.
Your creative life will be enriched with step-by-step tutorials “from A to Z.” Written in conversational narrative, this full-color book includes more than 200 images of Phawnda’s professional work, published articles, and guidance from her class demos to make beautiful projects.
Phawnda's practical, personable instruction includes:
- 12 styles (Uncial calligraphy, Italic calligraphy, script calligraphy, brush lettering, faux calligraphy, rainbow lettering, monoline letters, handwriting and drawn letters)
- Customized, printable practice sheets
- Recommended writing tools, papers, sources, printing tips
- How to troubleshoot
- Layout, color and design basics
- Mail art to keep correspondence alive
- Lettering projects for mentoring youngsters
- Real-life tips on how to organize your studio space
- Tips on sharing your skills in teaching, business, events, home, garden and community
- Making background papers from tea
- Original gifts with the meaning of names for family and friends
- Illustrating with calligraphy tools
- Projects to make handmade birthday cards, holiday cards with pretty envelopes, journals of your life, and easy-to-design art books
If you enjoyed Hand Lettering 101, The Lost Art of Handwriting, or Hand Lettering for Relaxation, then it’s time to grab a copy of Lettering from A to Z and reconnect to your natural creativity.