Cooking, Baking and Making ─ DIY recipes and DIY ideas for all seasons
From the creative mind of the Harried Housewife blog, comes a beautifully packaged one-stop-shop book bursting with DIY recipes and DIY ideas for the entire year! Cooking, Baking and Making - 100 Holiday Recipes and DIY Ideas for All Seasons and Reasons includes 60 DIY recipes with bonus designs and 40 DIY ideas that tie your home together for all 365 days. For example:
• Spring: Serve Herbed Cucumber Tea Sandwiches and a make a Spring Centerpiece
• Summer: Delight your guests with Fresh Berries and Cannoli Cream and make your own decorative coasters
• Autumn: Bake Dilled Beer and Cheddar Bread and make Autumn Harvest Potpourri
• Winter: Enjoy Creamy Eggnog Cupcakes and make Festive Votives
Cynthia O’Hara presents incredibly user-friendly projects and dishes that make replicating her flavors and designs as natural as the changing of the seasons. The Harried Housewife has written articles and developed a wide variety of recipes that reflect a simpler time and are ideal for budget-conscious families. The "Harried Housewife's Recipe Box" column is syndicated nationally in regional newspapers.
At the dawn of religion, God was a Woman. The Divine Feminine is known by innumerable names and symbol-rich manifestations across the world's cultures. Throughout the ages the Goddess has been honored and worshiped as the Virgin Mary, Isis, Inanna, Asherah, Diana, Kuan Yin, Kali, Oshun, Athena, Pele, Sarasvati, Demeter, and White Buffalo Calf Woman, to mention just a few. Many conceptions of the Goddess are mysterious and seemingly paradoxical. Yet at its source the Divine Feminine is one. Goddess Power takes you on a fascinating and, at times, surprising journey into the enduring essence of the Divine Feminine.
Inside this book you will learn:
- How the Goddess path offers an empowering message and inspiration
- The importance of re-establishing a healthy balance and integration of both the masculine and the feminine archetypes
- That the notion of God as archetypal "Sky-Father" is fairly recent in Western culture
- Why the wisdom of the Goddess/Sacred Feminine has been ignored, distorted, and oppressed for centuries
- How archetypes, mythic narratives, and qualities of Goddesses are alive within you and how they reveal intimate truths about yourself and others
- How Goddesses can serve as empowering guides in your personal and professional life
- Why especially black Goddesses/dark-skinned Mothers (e.g., Kali or Black Madonna) are a powerful symbol and catalyst for change in our times, both individually and collectively
- And much, much more!