By Jen Cross
#1 Best Seller in Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and Study Aids ─ A Book That Will Change Your Life
Healing victims of sexual assault through transformative journaling. One in six women is the victim of sexual assault. Using her own hard-won wisdom, author Jen Cross shows how to heal through journaling and personal writing
Rape victims and victims of other sexual abuse. Writing Ourselves Whole is a collection of essays and creative writing encouragements for sexual trauma survivors who want to risk writing a different story. Each short chapter offers encouragement, experience, and exercises.
How to change your life. When you can find language for the stories that are locked inside, you can change your life. Talk therapy can only go so far for the millions of Americans struggling in the aftermath of sexual abuse and sexual assault. Sexual assault survivors can heal themselves. Sexual trauma survivor communities (and their allies) have the capacity to hold and hear one another's stories–we do not have to relegate ourselves solely to the individual isolation of the therapist's office.
What You'll Learn Inside Writing Ourselves Whole:
- How to reconnect with your creative instinct through freewriting
- How freewriting can help you reclaim the parts of yourself and your history
- How "restorying" the old myths about sexual trauma survivors can set you free
If you have read books such as Julia Cameron's The Artist's Way, Natalie Goldberg's Writing Down the Bones, or Louise DeSalvo's Writing as a Way of Healing, your will want to read Writing Ourselves Whole.
Stories of success, happiness and hope from the LGBT community
Stories that comprise the best of LGBT history: Pride and Joy: LGBTQ Artists, Icons and Everyday Heroestells the stories of queer citizens of the world living OUT and proud happy, fulfilling, successful lives. Diverse and global. Famous and unsung. There is a story here for everyone in the LGBT community who has ever questioned their sexual orientation or gender identity, or discovered it.
Discover LGBT community stories that will stir you and reveal:
- why Tony Kushner quit cello and how Colm Toibin found his voice.
- why Emma Donoghue calls her experience a fluke and the best advice Bill T. Jones got was from his mother.
- how being an inaugural poet changed Richard Blanco’s life and how Ugandan activist “LongJones” escaped death threats and gained asylum.
Award-winning writer and longtime LGBTQ activist Kathleen Archambeau tells the untold stories from diverse LGBT community voices around the corner or around the world. Not like the depressing, sinister, shadowy stories of the past, this book highlights queer people living open, happy, fulfilling and successful lives.
Be inspired by LGBT community stories that celebrate the human spirit:
- Be emboldened by the bravery of a Uruguayan author who was rejected by her immediate family even as she began a family of her own.
- Be inspired by the audacity to fight for justice that motivates National Center for Lesbian Rights Executive Director Kate Kendell, a Mormon who grew up in Utah.
- Learn how two couples transcend time and distance to finally be together and how one NBA sports executive summoned the courage to come out.
- Discover the message of love from the first openly lesbian United Methodist Church Bishop.
- Learn the secrets of successful OUT IBM executive based in London and the rewards of Ballroom Basix founder in Harlem.
- See how the Maori philosophy of whānau guided the MP who won marriage rights in New Zealand and how high expectations overcame disability and bullying for an acclaimed mezzo-soprano.
- Know how the Armenian Genocide and family tensions impacted a professional violinist and composer.
Pride & Joy is a window into the LGBTQ community for straight friends, allies, parents and families of this finally emerging marginalized group. There’s hope that, in the words of Dan Savage, “It Gets Better” for:
- the transgender choreographer and dancer who continues to break rules and enlighten audiences to the Dutch singer, songwriter and independent theater producer who breaks down stereotypes.
- the Russian émigré award-winning computer scientist to the Chinese folk dancer.
- the founder of an award-winning smoking cessation program to the California Political Director of the Obama re-election campaign.
- and, for Entrepreneurs and gay dads, ballroom dancers and Hungarian activists on neo-Nazi “hit lists.”
#1 New Release on Amazon! ─ Winner of the Sixth Annual Bisexual Book Award for Non-fiction, 2017
Looking for LGBTQ books that offer guidance on providing loving support to your LGBT child?
Parents of LGBT children guide: Unconditional: A Guide to Loving and Supporting Your LGBTQ Child provides parents of a LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or questioning) child with a framework for helping their LGBTQ child navigate through a world that isn’t always welcoming. Author Telaina Eriksen, a professor at Michigan State University and the mother of a gay daughter, explains what she and her husband have learned through experience, including how to:
- Deal with gay children coming out
- Confront bullying of gay children
- Become an advocate for gay children
- Build a support system in a gay family
Gender and sexuality: Eriksen also covers the science on gender and sexuality and how to help a transgender child through the various stages of development. Throughout the book parents and kids who have been there, share their stories. She also directs gay family parents to various resources online to help them.
LGBTQ parents will learn…
- How to help their child navigate locker rooms, sleepovers, proms, etc.
- When to involve the police or school administration when it comes to bullying
- How to advocate for local, state and national policies that protect your child
- Ways to educate well-meaning, but misguided extended family members
- How to help start a Gay-Straight Alliance at your child’s school
- Strategies for keeping your child talking after he or she comes out
- Signs of unhealthy relationships
- When to consider therapy for your child and/or your family
- How to find an LGBTQ-friendly community (including inclusive churches)
#1 Best Seller in High School Test Preparation, SSAT & COOP ─ Comprehensive boarding school guide
- What is boarding school really like?
- What are my chances of getting into U.S. boarding schools?
- How do I evaluate private schools vs. public schools?
What is boarding school really like? U.S. boarding schools offer a superb preparation for college bound students, but they are not for everyone. American Prep is the only comprehensive guide for parents and students interested in investigating, applying to, and succeeding at these great schools. Meticulously researched and thoughtfully written, American Prep is an essential guide through the world of U.S. boarding schools – their history and culture, their resources and support systems, their opportunities and challenges – and the only book that leads you through the entire prep school experience. You will learn about:
- Why boarding schools are increasingly valuable in the 21st century
- The pros and cons of private school vs public school
- How to select a school that is right for your student and your family
- How to navigate the admission process – detailed insider advice
- The emotional challenges of prep school for students and families – what to expect and when
- How to secure generous financial aid for prep school
- Student success on campus – getting in is only the first step
An insider's perspective on U.S. boarding schools: Award winning writer/critic Ronald Mangravite has multiple perspectives on the American prep school world. An alumnus of the Lawrenceville School, he is a current prep school parent, an alumni class officer, and an admissions volunteer. His extensive teaching experience includes universities and private schools, with service on admissions and curricula committees. He holds degrees from the University of California, Berkeley and UCLA.
#1 Amazon Bestseller! ─ Are you seeking a deeper understanding of gender identity and sexual identity?
The ABCs of LGBT+ is a #1 Bestselling LGBT book and is essential reading for questioning teens, teachers or parents looking for advice, or anyone who wants to learn how to talk about gender identity and sexual identity. In The ABCs of LGBT+, Ashley Mardell, a beloved blogger and YouTube star, answers many of your questions about:
- lgbt and lgbt+
- gender identity
- sexual identity
- teens in a binary world
- the LGBT family
- and more
Understanding gender identity and sexual identity: The 21st Century has seen very positive movement for LGBT+ rights. In the last few years the overturning of DOMA, the SCOTUS ruling in favor of the Marriage Equality Act, American transgender politicians elected to office, and landmark moments such as Apple becoming the most valuable company in the world under the leadership of an openly gay CEO have advanced LGBT awareness and understanding. In a world full of LGBT questions, Mardell’s The ABC’s of LGBT+ has the answers.
The trusted voice of Ashley Mardell: We are living in a post-binary world where gender fluency and awareness of gender identity and a real understanding of our LGBT family is essential. Ashley Mardell, one of the most trusted voices on YouTube, presents a detailed look at all things LGBT+ in this remarkable book. Along with in-depth definitions, personal anecdotes, helpful infographics, resources, and more; Mardell’s LGBT book is proof it does get better every day in a world where people are empowered by information and understanding. In Mardell’s own words, "This book is also for allies and LGBT+ people simply looking to pack in some extra knowledge… a critical part of acceptance. Learning about new identities broadens our understanding of humanity, heightens our empathy, and allows us different, valuable perspectives.”
#1 Best Seller in Test Preparation and SSAT & COOP ─ Develop great Study Skills. Study Smarter. Reach Your Full Potential.
How to study: “We are always told to study for exams and assignments but I can't remember a time when I was instructed on how to study!”
Study tips: Jessica Holsman of YouTube’s Study With Jess and Nickelodeon’s AwesomenessTV is changing the way teens feel about school. In her book, The High School Survival Guide, Holsman shares exclusive study tips and tricks to help you with how to get better grades! You will learn good study habits and tips, including:
- How to get better grades
- How to study better
- How to study for a test
- How to be a better student
- How to study smarter
High School Survival Guide: Beyond the classroom, Jessica, who has a degree in Psychology, helps you understand your social skills as you grow from a Freshman to a Senior. From your first year orientation to applying for college and graduation, Jessica provides the best study tips and tricks to help you stay organized, write assignments, complete exams, manage stress and live a well-balanced life! Maximize your full potential, ace your next test, and become an A+ student!
By The Associated Press