Want to know how to make a movie on a tight budget?
How to make a movie: Filmmaker Rickey Bird and screenwriter and novelist Al Guevara are on a mission to help indie moviemakers everywhere. Today’s indie film market is growing by leaps and bounds. At the same time, many aspiring filmmakers are running into their share of problems:
• not enough money for crews
• over budget and more than likely making the wrong movie
• can’t get the attention of an indie studio
• should have started with a short film to gain attention
Cheap Movie Tricks: Film school numbers aren’t down. They’re increasing at more than 2,600 film-related courses worldwide. You probably didn’t even realize 48% of all film schools are in the U.S. and U.K. Thousands of aspiring filmmakers are literally learning how to use cheaper, widely available filmmaking technology, as well as the craft of making movies from books pulled from bookstore and library shelves. They’re totally DIY and the most creative people you will ever meet. Rickey Bird’s Hectic Films is a Southern California enterprise that is building a filmmaking empire on a budget. His short films, feature films, micro docs and tutorials have landed in some of the biggest American film festivals and been seen online throughout the world. The result? Millions of views worth of exposure from films online, in festivals and creative marketing literally on the street. His many projects have seen leading B actors like Hulk Hogan and Vernon Wells (Mad Max Road Warrior), make-up artists from the TV show Grimm, and stuntmen from the Call of Duty games.
What you’ll learn inside this book:
• how planning and shooting a short film today can lead to a feature-length project tomorrow
• everything you need to know about writing a movie project on a burger budget
• tips on how to find locations and not get arrested
• shooting tips galore for building exciting scenes
• sound and film editing tips and all kinds of special effects wizardry, including puppetry
• screenings, promotions and juicy tips on film festival strategy
Great Movie Quotes for All Occasions
Best movie quotes: We all do it. Every day, with or without noticing, you quote movies. Hit a search engine and you kind find thousands of lists of the best movie quotes of all time. From Rhett Butler to Obi-Wan Kenobi, movie quotes have become an integral part of expression. However, the movie quotes that often show up on these “best of” lists rarely lend themselves to important moments in life. Nor are they meant to provide personal motivation. Open any typical movie quote list or book and you’re likely to see “May the Force be with you,” or “I’ll have what she’s having.” Does that really do anything for us as readers looking for inspiration, motivation, or simply a beautiful phrase to couple with your own words?
Best movie quotes for all occasions: That’s where I come in. I’ve scoured the movie world to track down the most appropriate, best movie quotes for every occasion. From weddings to pre-game pep talks, I’ve found the quotes that are moving, inspirational, or just plain hilarious that do more than just remind of the movies they came from. These quotes transcend their stories and enrich your life.
• Looking to rally your team before the big game? Try this quote from Capt. Malcom Reynolds from the science-fiction film Serenity (2005): “You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all… So no more running. I aim to misbehave.”
• Need a quote to cap off your perfectly humorous wedding speech with some genuine, but witty, sentiment? Try some wisdom from Juno… from Juno (2007):
“Look, in my opinion, the best thing you can do is find a person who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you. The right person is still going to think the sun shines out of your ass. That’s the kind of person that’s worth sticking with.”
Movie Quotes for Every Occasion provides hidden gems from a variety of film genres. Whether they be blockbuster megahits or forgotten indies, we’ve got the right quote for the right occasion.