Patrick Alexander originally developed the Wine Appreciation program when he worked at the University of Miami as Director of the Office of Professional Advancement. In the summer of 2011, after Patrick had left UM in order to focus on writing, Mitchell Kaplan suggested he offer his program at Books & Books during the quiet summer months. “It seems a pity to waste all that research” Mitchell said “and you never know; our book customers might enjoy learning about wine.” Four years, nineteen sold-out classes, and three-hundred satisfied students later, Patrick Alexander's Wine Appreciation Program has become one of the highlights of Books & Books event programming. Previously Director of the Wine Appreciation program at the University of Miami and a judge for the Florida International Wine Challenge, Patrick Alexander has been teaching these wildly popular and critically acclaimed classes at Books & Books for over four years. Patrick is also a published author and his writings include "Marcel Proust’s Search for Lost Time" and "The Nigerian Letter."
Updates and Events
- Apr 05, 2018 | Wine Blog/ SOMMs, Start Your Engines ~ The Booklovers’ Guide to Wine, by Patrick Alexander
- Feb 05, 2018 | Patrick Alexander’s NEW YEAR Wine Appreciation Class
- Feb 05, 2018 | Booklover's Guide to Wine/ East European Wines  Georgia & Romania
- Jan 15, 2018 | Patrick Alexander's Winter Wine Class
- Jan 12, 2018 | Booklover's Guide to Wine/ What is wine?
- Jan 12, 2018 | Star Tribune/ Grab a glass of wine and check out the year's best books on the subject