Julie Peters is a yoga teacher, writer, and yoga studio owner in Vancouver, BC. She has been practicing yoga and other forms of movement and mindfulness for over 20 years. Her first book, Secrets of the Eternal Moon Phase Goddesses: Meditations on Desire, Relationships, and the Art of Being Broken (SkyLight Paths 2016) explored a set of Tantric moon goddesses who invite us to think about the messier aspects of life, including desire, anger, loneliness, and heartbreak. Julie has an MA in English Literature from McGill University. Her essay, “Why Lying Broken in a Pile on Your Bedroom Floor is a Good Idea,” went viral, with 504,641 views and 25,033 shares on Facebook in 2017 alone and counting.. Also a spoken word poet, Julie has twice represented Vancouver in the Women of the World Poetry Slam and was a part of the Vancouver Poetry Slam Team. She frequently collaborates with dance artist Olivia C. Davies on poetry and dance projects exploring themes of love, connection, heartbreak, and the stories that live in our bodies.
Updates and Events
- Mar 01, 2020 | The Anxiety Show/ Ep 18 - F*$% Rape (a co-pro)
- Feb 13, 2020 | Spirituality Health/ Desire: Are You Content or Simply Settling?
- Feb 13, 2020 | Spirituality Health/ Guided Meditation: Love Ritual for Valentine’s Day
- Dec 17, 2019 | Julie Peters / Resolution Questions
- Nov 21, 2019 | Pretty Progressive / 14 Best Feminist Books To Take Away For College
- Jul 24, 2019 | Out of the Box Podcast: Episode 126 / Julie Peters "WANT: 8 Steps to Recovering Desire, Passion, and Pleasure After Sexual Assault